Inspiring kids and families to move in Biggar
What we've been up to:
- Saskatchewan in motion met with residents to talk about physical activity opportunities in Biggar and shared information about how we can help.
- Hosted the in motion Community Chase July 31 2019. Teams spent the evening playing their way through six stations, including a Ninja Warrior course. The free event was designed to demonstrate that there are places to play around every corner (if you use a little imagination). It was also a chance to introduce Biggar to Saskatchewan in motion.
- The Fat Cat Spray Pad opened in 2018 (and has been a hit in the community ever since)!
- Launching a kids Learn to Curl program (thanks to a local volunteer).
That's a wrap on #GOAP2020!
Wow! Saskatchewan logged 3,421,133 minutes of physical activity during March 1-10, 2020 in the Saskatchewan Blue Cross Go Out & Play Challenge. What an impressive number! While you didn't secure one of the cash prizes, we firmly believe that everyone wins when kids and their families get out and get moving. Don't stop now -- visit www.saskatchewaninmotion.ca to find more great ideas to keep your family moving all year long.
Watch this space to keep up with what's happening in Biggar. Sign up for our email list to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Want to know more?
- Learn about our Community Action Process.
- Visit the town's website, Facebook or Twitter to find local opportunities to move.
- See what we're doing in other in motion communities.
- Reach out to your local in motion contact, Angela Pollock - email@example.com.