Community action brings new infrastructure to town
Churchbridge started the Community Action Process in 2016. Here’s what they’ve been up to:
- With its Go Out & Play Challenge prize money (2017 & 2018), the community completed a new sport park that offers space for: skateboarding, basketball, beach volleyball, tennis, hockey and horseshoes.
- The town holds a yearly hockey tournament and hosted a senior’s horseshoe tournament.
- Pet owners continue to enjoy their community's dog park.
- The school leaves “aged” sports equipment out at the sport park for everyone to use.
- The groomed cross country ski trails are extensively used and the new warm-up shelter (which was installed along the trail) is genuinely appreciated.
- The installation of solar powered school zone signage has been one of the things that are encouraging more kids to walk to school.
Churchbridge also used the data gathered during the Community Action Process to apply for grants.
To learn more about physical activity in Churchbridge and the plan community leaders and residents developed to get local kids moving more, read their Community Profile.
- Applying for grants and fundraising to develop a new 5.5km trail within the community.
- Continuing to promote active transportation.
- Planning to share more information on the annual beach volleyball tournament - so stay tuned!
That's a wrap on #GOAP2020!
Wow! Saskatchewan logged 3,421,133 minutes of physical activity during March 1-10, 2020 in the Saskatchewan Blue Cross Go Out & Play Challenge. What an impressive number! While you didn't secure one of the cash prizes, we firmly believe that everyone wins when kids and their families get out and get moving. Don't stop now -- visit www.saskatchewaninmotion.ca to find more great ideas to keep your family moving all year long.
Watch this space to keep up with what's happening in Churchbridge. Sign up for our email list to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Want to know more?
- Learn about our Community Action Process.
- Visit the town's website or Facebook to find local opportunities to move.
- See what we're doing in other in motion communities.
- Reach out to your local in motion contact, Amanda Kornega - email@example.com.
- For GOAP inquiries, contact Rob Gosselin - firstname.lastname@example.org.