Inspiring kids and families to move in Esterhazy
What we've been up to:
- Saskatchewan in motion met with residents April 24 2019 and May 31 2019 to talk about physical activity opportunities in Esterhazy and shared information about how we can help.
- Bohemka Rhythmic gymnastics, dance, karate and CrossFit for Kids are some of the many kids programs available in the community.
- The program, "Beat the Heat", was a huge success in summer 2019! It had kids swimming almost daily, learning the GET UP line dance, playing games with local older adults, and going on road trips to a farm and Round Lake.
- 5 sessions of swimming lessons were held summer 2019 and had great participation.
- A "Walk the Hall" Challenge was held on December 2 2019. The goal was to see how long it would take participants to walk the 692km to Medicine Hat, AB.
- With 25km of cross country ski trails in Esterhazy, residents are able to be active during the winter season.
- Opened the outdoor arena to residents and visitors at the end of 2019.
- Started a pickleball program in January 2020.
- Offering hockey (for all ages), figure skating and public skating throughout the 2019-2020 winter season.
Watch this space to keep up with what's happening in Esterhazy. Sign up for our email list to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Want to know more?