Community Action Process
School Travel Planning
Community Action Plan
Go out & play Challenge
Moving together Symposium
Official Community Plan
Recreation Master Plan
Getting started in Estevan
What we've been up to:
- Saskatchewan in motion met with residents April 17 2019 to talk about physical activity opportunities in Estevan and share information about how we can help.
- We hosted the in motion Community Chase August 30 2019 at the Exhibition Grounds. Teams spent the evening playing their way through eight stations, including Bocce Ball, an obstacle course and Four Square. The free event was designed to demonstrate that there are places to play around every corner if you use a little imagination. It was also a chance to introduce Estevan to Saskatchewan in motion.
- A huge shout out to Christine Batke, Children's Program Coordinator at the Estevan Public Library, for her help rounding up teams and volunteers.
- We hosted an in motion Info Session on September 19 2019. We had a great conversation about the Community Action Process and how Saskatchewan in motion brings communities together to get kids moving more. The session was also a chance to meet others and learn how residents could get involved.
- We were very active in Estevan from December 2-4 2019:
- We met with a variety of local leaders and residents to discuss physical activity opportunities in the city.
- We presented to Council at an open meeting, where we discussed the Community Action Process and developing a plan to increase physical activity for kids and families.
- We hosted focus groups with Westview School students (a Grade 3/4 and Grade 5 class).
- We attended Estevan Chamber of Commerce's Coffee Talk to meet and chat with local business leaders about their roles in providing physical activity opportunities to residents and visitors.
- We met with Estevan's action team on January 13 2020. We had a great conversation discussing the next steps for creating a plan to get local kids and families moving more.
- We hosted focus groups January 22 2020 with Hillcrest Public School students (a Grade 7/8 and Grade 5/6 class).
- We've launched a survey to collect information on opportunities for physical activity in Estevan and we need your input. To participate, click here.
- Estevan's Moving Together Symposium will be held March 18, 2020. Register for the free event here!
Watch this space to keep up with what's happening in Estevan. Sign up for our email list to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Want to know more?
Trending in Estevan