Turn it off and take it outside!
Canadian kids are spending an average of 7.5 hours a day in front of a screen. It’s no wonder parents tell us screen time is the biggest barrier to get kids moving. Experts recommend limiting screen time to two hours a day. Besides leaving less time for active play, excess screen time:
- keeps kids from spending valuable time outside
- disrupts sleeping patterns
- contributes to decreased attention span, anxiety and depression
What can you do?
- Hear how our mom panel manages screen time in Episode 6 of our Mom2Mom Podcast.
- Know your numbers. Track your screen time and physical activity.
- Find the solution for your specific screen time woes.
- Take our Family Screen Time Pledge.
- Find the right Screen-time apps and tracking tools for your family.
- Get one family’s advice for reducing screen time.