Inspiring kids and families to move in Kamsack
What we've been up to:
- Hosts an annual Disc Golf Tournament, as well as a weekly Disc Golf League Night. KCI (the local high school) also started a Disc Golf Club, which is held once a week after school.
- Recycled old rider seats have been installed throughout the Disc Golf course and benches have been installed along the walking trails.
- Held Day Summer Play Programs in summer 2019 - they were a hit among local kids!
- The Kamsack Pool was very busy and a very active outdoor facility in summer 2019:
- Attendance and swimming participation rates increased significantly.
- Hosted a couple of Free Family Swim events, which were well attended.
- Hosted a scuba and snorkelling clinic and a water polo clinic, along with weekly Aqua Fit classess and set lane swimming times.
- Free public skating and shinny is offered at the Broda Sportsplex to residents and visitors.
- Various winter activities available in Kamsack and area to residents and visitors, such as:
- tobogganing at Victoria School's hill,
- downhill skiing and tubing is available at Duck Mountain Provincial Park,
- and lots of areas to snowshoe!
To learn more about physical activity in Kamsack and the plan community leaders and residents developed to get local kids moving more, read their Community Profile.
- Moving ahead with an expansion to the Kamsack Swimming Pool to make it accessible to everyone (i.e., adding a zero-depth beach entry). The pool upgrades should be completed by summer 2020!
- The Rec Board has played an important part in fundraising for the pool expansion by launching the DIVE IN fundraising campaign. This group has volunteered countless hours for the community!
- Continuing to work with The Great Trail to ensure signage is in place to make the public more aware that The Great Trail comes through Kamsack and to promote the abundance of amazing trails in the area.
That's a wrap on #GOAP2020!
Wow! Saskatchewan logged 3,421,133 minutes of physical activity during March 1-10, 2020 in the Saskatchewan Blue Cross Go Out & Play Challenge. What an impressive number! While you didn't secure one of the cash prizes, we firmly believe that everyone wins when kids and their families get out and get moving. Don't stop now -- visit www.saskatchewaninmotion.ca to find more great ideas to keep your family moving all year long.
Watch this space to keep up with what's happening in Kamsack. Sign up for our email list to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Want to know more?