Increasing options in Langenburg
Langenburg started the Community Action Process in 2016. Here's how they've been getting families moving more since then:
- increasing local options by building an outdoor archery range, introducing a co-ed slow pitch league and opening the school fitness centre to the public outside school hours
- grooming a cross-country ski trail thanks to a local volunteer
- presenting school travel planning recommendations to town council
- raising money for a new outdoor pool (half way there!)
We presented at the youth mental health summit, Technology and Our Health, on November 29 2019. We had a great time chatting with Grade 7-12 students and staff from Langenburg, Churchbridge and Melville.
To learn more about physical activity in Langenburg and the plan community leaders and residents developed to get local kids moving more, read their Community Profile.
- looking at setting up a cross country ski club next winter
- making the sportsground more accessible by active transportation
- continuing to raise money for the outdoor pool
Watch this space to keep up with what's happening in Langenburg. Sign up for our email list to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Want to know more?