Episode 10 - Keeping Girls Active
In this episode, Kara F. (mom of 2) and Louise H. (mom of 2) join our host Tenille Lafontaine to talk about the challenges of keeping girls active. Their conversation touches on:
- tips for getting and keeping girls active
- the importance of parents as active role models
- why good phys ed programs are important
- whether we're unwittingly undermining our girls' confidence
Tenille lets us in on what our Facebook friends had to say on the matter. Kara and Louise also share their thoughts:
- Jamie Neef's post on ActiveforLlife.ca about whether we're raising our girls to be afraid.
- Government and corporate campaigns aimed at inspiring girls to move, including: Australia's Girls Make Your Move, Sport England's This Girl Can and the Always Like a Girl campaign.
Mom2Mom is sponsored by Saskatchewan Blue Cross.