Episode 12 - Keeping Special Needs Kids Active
Marilyn (mom of a teen with cerebral palsy), Jessica (mom of a deaf daughter) and Vigya (mom of a girl with autism) talk about the unique challenges of raising active kids with disabilities. They share:
- what they consider when choosing programs for their kids
- what makes a program work for special needs kids
- where to go for information and ideas
- advice for families that live in smaller centres with fewer organized activities
Our moms also weigh in on recent online posts, including:
- Karen Wang’s post, Important tips for working with a special needs child.
- Special needs children: 5 ways to help their physical literacy flourish by Jennifer Pinarski on ActiveForLife.com
Read the full transcript here.
Mom2Mom is sponsored by Saskatchewan Blue Cross.