Episode 2 - Risky Play
Michelle Strawford (mom of 3) and Cindy McMorris (mom of extreme snowboarders Mark & Craig) talk with Tenille Lafontaine about risky play.
Michelle and Cindy share their thoughts about:
- learning to let go
- how the freedom to play and take risks has influenced their boys
- the trend toward bubble wrapping our kids
- the 2015 Report Card on Children and Youth, which tells us that the biggest risk to kids’ development is keeping them indoors
Our guests comment on the latest news about risky or unsupervised play, including:
- Geek Dad’s post about parents running afoul of the law for letting their kids play alone
- Peter Gray’s post about why kids love and need risky play
- Roy Meredith’s tips for raising confident kids
Cindy and Michelle also talk about how they overcame their own fear to let their kids engage in risky play and what their kids – and families – gained from it.
Mom2Mom is sponsored by Saskatchewan Blue Cross.