Episode 5: Kids & Sport
Shauna Bear (mom of 2) and Lana Lingelbach (mom of 3) talk kids and sport. Hear their take on:
- picking activities for your kids
- what kids get out of sport (besides physical activity)
- what to do when kids want to quit
- sport sampling vs. specialization
Both moms have kids involved in competitive sport (hockey and gymnastics). Hear how they make it work for their families, what they think about sport specialization and their thoughts on long-term athlete development.
Our mom panel also weighs in on recent online posts, including:
- Connie Jeske Crane's Parents Canada post on why kids are dropping out of organized sport
- the recent Soccer Canada change that takes score keeping out of the game for younger kids
- Jim Grove's post What Sport Specialization Really Means and Why You Should Care
Mom2Mom is sponsored by Saskatchewan Blue Cross.