Episode 7: Active summer vacations
Michelle (mom of 3) and Jenn (mom of 2) chat about their approaches to keeping kids active in summer (hint: they’re not big planners) and discuss:
- encouraging kids to be creative and independent
- planning active vacations
- making summer more memorable with family activity
Michelle and Jenn also shared their tips for planning active vacations, including:
- giving the kids a say
- packing active gear and toys
- making sure everyone has good hiking or walking shoes
- adding a creative twist to your activity
They also share ideas for staycations, debate whether today’s moms have it tougher than our own moms did and discuss an interesting post entitled How This Reformed Helicopter Mom Saved Summer Vacation (2machines.com).
Mom2Mom is sponsored by Saskatchewan Blue Cross.