Staying Active While Staying Home
Life is very different for families across Saskatchewan these days. Despite the challenges that our world is facing, our goal remains the same: to get more kids, more active, more often. That's why we're committed to sharing resources and ideas to help your family incorporate movement into your at-home routine.
We recommend following the latest standards from the Government of Saskatchewan when planning your outside time.
Here are some of our favourite resources and ideas to get you off to a good start:
- Our Adventure Calendar will serve up a new, active idea for your family every day! Make sure you check back often.
- The Virtual Idea Jar is full of ideas for indoor and outdoor activities. With each click, the Idea Jar serves up an activity with indoor and outdoor variants, DIY projects and more.
- Our Walking Bingo Card offers an easy way to make your daily walk a little more fun.
- Saskatchewan Blue Cross has developed the Push2Play app. It includes instructions for more than 100 active games for a variety of player numbers.
- The Outdoor Play Canada leadership group has put together a position statement on going outdoors during the current COVID-19 climate. Take a read through their research and findings.
We will also be sharing fresh ideas and findings through our social media channels. Find us on Facebook or Twitter to follow along with those. We'd love to hear how YOU are keeping active with your kids during this time. You can message us on social media or send us an email any time with your ideas.