Inspiring kids and families to move in Rosetown
What we've been up to:
- Saskatchewan in motion met with residents to talk about physical activity opportunities in Rosetown and shared information about how we can help.
- Hosted the in motion Community Chase August 13 2019. Teams (pictured right) spent the afternoon playing their way through six stations, including tailgate games, Disc Jam, and an obstacle course. The free event was designed to demonstrate that there are places to play around every corner (if you use a little imagination). It was also a chance to introduce Rosetown to Saskatchewan in motion.
- Hosted an in motion Info Session on September 25 2019. We had a great conversation about the Community Action Process and how Saskatchewan in motion brings communities together to get kids moving more. The session was also a chance to meet others and learn how you can get involved.
- Have had great success with the Toonie Tuesday Drop-in Junior curling program - brooms and sliders are provided and the kids just show up and play!
- Opened the new community spray park in 2019.
- Completed outdoor rink upgrades, making a huge improvement!
- Rosetown is looking for volunteers to join their Community Action Team to continue providing fantastic physical activity opportunities for local kids and families.
Watch this space to keep up with what's happening in Rosetown. Sign up for our email list to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Want to know more?