Screen Time Advice
Thinking about reducing screen time? Holly and James Gustafson have some advice for you.
- Set some rules and stick to your guns. Holly and James kept it simple by cutting out all screen time during the week.
- Remove the TV from the main living space, so you're not tempted to use it as background noise. Make sure you're still able to monitor your kids' screen time.
- Fill the void. Have a plan for replacing screen time with other activities. Holly and James take their kids to the park, take walks and go geocaching. When it's cold outside, they play Pyjama Olympics.
- Walk the talk. Make sure your follow the same rules you set for your kids.
- Be prepared. Make sure you have some fun alternatives on hand. Think about how you'll deal with cheating and whining. Will the rules apply during play dates? The Gustafsons say "yes!"
Create a Family Physical Activity Policy
Screen Time Tracking Apps and Tools
Create a Family Vision Board
Fix Your Screen Time Woes
Walking to School
Moving Your Family More
Plan For An Active Vacation
Activate Your Family Step by Step
Building In Physical Activity
What to Look For in an After School Program
Screen Time Testing 2
Screen Time Testing 1