Episode 13: Kids & Nature
Jana (mom of 1) and Melissa (mom of 2) talk about kids and nature: why they need it and how we can make sure they get it.
They chat with host Tenille Lafontaine about:
- why spending time in nature is important for their families
- easy tips for starting to spend more time outside
- the important role grandparents can play
As educators, Jana and Melissa share their thoughts on:
- how schools and communities can make it easier for kids to spend time outside
- how parents can support outdoor classrooms and other efforts to get kids outside at school
Our moms also weigh in on recent online posts, including:
- Christine Alden’s comparison of how bad weather is handled in England and Canada on Lawson.ca
- Leah McDermott’s Huffington Post article on getting outdoors with your kids even if you hate nature
Check out Jana’s blog Wildernook and see how Melissa's love of nature inspired the creation of outdoor learning spaces for her students at Macdonald School in Stockholm, SK.
Visit saskatchewaninmotion.ca for more podcasts, tips, tools and inspiration on keeping kids moving.