Episode 6: Screen time
Episode 6 – Moms tackle screen time, one of the biggest barriers to getting kids moving.
Barb McGrath (mom of 2) joins Tenille for a chat about screen time, one of the biggest barriers to getting kids moving. In addition to the surprising stat that the average Canadian kid spends 6-7 hours a day in front of a screen, they talk:
- finding a method of managing screen time that works for your family
- tools to help parents monitor and control screen time, including ChoreMonster and Qustodio
- whether it’s realistic to expect kids to regulate their own screen time
- setting a good example in an age where many adults spend most of their time on screens for work, entertainment, socializing and everyday tasks
Barb and Tenille also discuss recent headlines, including:
- a Forbes article about the American Academy of Pediatrics revising its guidelines for screen time
- A Psychology Today post that claims screen time is making kids moody, crazy and lazy
To recommend a mom who'd make a great guest on Mom2Mom, email us at email@example.com.