Let's talk kids & physical activity
Thanks to everyone who came out to our in motion Info Session September 26. We had a great conversation about the Community Action Process and how Saskatchewan in motion brings communities together to get kids moving more. The session was a chance to learn about the process, meet others who care and learn how you can get involved.
It takes a village - To formally start the process, we need a broad group of local change-makers to help us. If you care about kids and physical activity, get involved, whether you play a formal role or not. We all have a role to play when it comes to getting kids moving more! Please let us know:
- if you'd like to be part of the process (in a small way or a big one)
- if you know someone else that should be involved
About the Community Action Process - We're all about getting kids moving more and we work with communities to make that happen. Our Community Action Process brings your community together to come up with a local plan. It gets people thinking beyond the traditional - facilities, parks and programs - to changes that make it safer and easier for kids and families to be active. The result is a practical plan based on local needs.
What's next? Assuming we have enough local support, we'll:
- host follow-up meetings with local volunteers
- start to formulate an agreement with the Town of Unity
- gather information to create a profile of your community through interviews and focus groups
Want to know more?