Inspiring kids and families to move in Warman
What's we've been up to:
- We've been working with local leaders to discuss how we can move forward with a plan to get Warman kids moving more.
- We visited the city on December 5, 2019 to chat with local leaders and residents about physical activity opportunities and shared information about how we can help.
Given how rapidly the COVID-19 situation is changing, Saskatchewan in motion is cancelling all face-to-face meetings for the next little while. Right now, our top priority is keeping everyone safe and protecting the health of our physical activity champions around the province, our employees and anyone else involved in supporting our meetings.
Unfortunately, this means we’ve cancelled Warman’s Moving Together Symposium planned for Monday March 30 at Legends Centre. We know this is disappointing for many of you. We were looking forward to the session as well.
Thanks for your understanding. We recognize that the risk associated with COVID-19 is low, but this could change quickly. Like other organizations around the world, we've been assessing how our small organization can help prevent the spread of infection and this is one step we can take. We'll provide updates as soon as we can.
Working together to inspire movement
Considering how quickly things are changing right now, it is inspiring to see Warman's Recreation & Community Services team utilize social media and technology for the health and wellness of their residents. They have started a Facebook group, which has become a one-stop shop for resources and physical activity ideas. Check it out!
Watch this space to keep up with what's happening in Warman. Sign up for our email list to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Want to know more?
- Learn about our Community Action Process.
- Visit the city's website, Facebook or Twitter to find local opportunities to move.
- See what we're doing in other in motion communities.
- Contact us to learn how you can get involved - email@example.com.