Wilkie starting to take action
Wilkie began the community action process in 2017. Two years later, they're making progress on their local plans to get kids moving more.
"The process allows you to stick with a project to make sure that it happens. The process teaches you perserverence, but still gives you leeway to move onto another project if one no longer is appropriate for your community." - Charlotte Hartter, Wilkie in motion
Here are a couple of recent highlights for Wilkie:
- The town launched a community-wide Information & Registration Night last fall. The event was a chance for local groups and clubs to raise awareness and sign up new members. For many residents, the event was an "ah-ha" moment, highlighting the scope of activities available in Wilkie.
- A pickleball program is getting residents of all ages to try out something new. So far, Wilkie has run two 10-week pickelball sessions, attracting a variety of skill levels.
What's next - Wilkie is working on its year two priorities. These include:
- launching a figure skating club
- organizing a lacrosse try-it event or mini-session
- planning the second annual community-wide Information & Registration Night
Watch this space to keep up with what's happening in Wilkie. Sign up for our email list to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Get involved - Want to learn more about what Wilkie in motion is up to? Want to get involved? Contact Lori Fenrich - email@example.com.
See what's happening in other in motion communities.