Wynyard part of physical literacy pilot
Saskatchewan in motion and the Partners for Physical Literacy are working with a local team in Wynyard to develop a specific plan for getting kids moving more and increasing physical literacy at home, at school and in the community.
What's physical literacy? It's the confidence, competence and motivation to move and one of the keys to a lifelong love of physical activity. Learn more about physical literacy, why it matters and what you can do, here.
What we've been up to:
- Saskatchewan in motion collected information through an online survey, focus groups and one-on-one meetings.
- We held a gathering November 7 to bring community leaders together. Ten local leaders attended the Moving Together Symposium to explore opportunities and identify practical, local actions that will get kids moving more and increase physical literacy.
- We visited Wynyard February 7 with Dr. Alexandra Stoddard from the University of Saskatchewan. We held focus groups with students in grades 4 to 6 and met with local school administrators and teachers.
What's next? An action planning meeting is set for 6 p.m. April 29 at the Drop in Centre. Whether or not you've been part of the process up to now, join us to:
- Learn about priorities set at the symposium.
- Add your voice and ideas to the mix.
- Identify next steps.
Contact Sigourney Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register.
Wynyard places 3rd in #GOAP2019
Want to get involved? Interested in learning more about what's happening in Wynyard? Want to get involved? Contact Sigourney Anderson - email@example.com. Watch this space to keep up with what's happening on the project. Sign up for our email list to make sure you don't miss a thing.
See what's happening in other in motion communities.